英 [weit] 美 [wet]
英 [əˈweit] 美 [əˈwet]
等待幸福 Waiting for happiness
等待名单 Waiting List
等待指示 wait for orders
等待一天 waiting for the day
等待答复 Wait for Reply
等待条件 wait condition
1. If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.
2. Do not wait for good things to happen to you. You need to walk towards happiness.
3. Sailors hung about while they waited to ship out.
4. The area where most refugees are waiting is exposed to the elements.
5. The children were waiting for placement in a foster care home.
6. A much bigger battle is ahead for the president.
7. The spider must wait for prey to be ensnared on its web.
8. The whole world holds its breath for this speech.
9. Here, at long last, was the moment he had waited for.
10. They are waiting anxiously to see who will succeed him.
11. A Dutch newspaper photographed the president waiting forlornly in the rain.
12. A barge was about a hundred yards away, waiting to return seaward.
13. All in all, it appeared that a pretty depressing summer awaited Jones.
14. Officials are awaiting positive identification before charging the men with war crimes.
15. The baggage was being rapidly stowed away for transportation.